The complete rules can be found here.
Teams and registration
- Teams must consist of 3-5 students who attend the same school.
- The competition is intended for Year 12 and 13 students but younger students may participate as well.
- Only one team per school can participate. Additional teams will be put on a waiting list and may be considered if there is spare capacity.
- We are currently only able to host UK schools – unfortunately we do not anticipate having the capacity for international schools this year.
On the day
- Teachers or guardians are welcome to accompany their teams to the ChR, but provided parental consent is obtained, they are not required to attend. Parental consent forms will be distributed closer to the competition date.
- Though teachers are welcome to attend the opening and concluding addresses, they will not be able to remain with their team for the two-hour duration of the competition.
- Teachers are welcome to remain in the department or leave the site and rejoin their team once the competition has concluded. Accompanying programme for teachers will be specified.
- Teams are usually asked to arrive after 11am and the closing ceremony and announcement of results is expected to finish by 5pm. A detailed schedule will be published closer to the competition date.
Resources used during competition:
- Teams are allowed to bring and use any books, paper literature, notes or printed materials.
- Participants may also use dedicated calculators. Using any other electronic devices such as phones, laptops, or electronic book readers is forbidden.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.