The following privacy notice is a part of the application. Please obtain the necessary consents in advance to avoid delays in the registration process.
We collect only information necessary for the competition (names of students, names of schools) and we use it only for the purposes of the competition. We can use anonymous statistical data to improve the competition. Photos and videos may be taken during the competition and these will be used only to promote the competition. We shall not pass your data to any third parties and you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Please read the following privacy notice and tick the boxes if appropriate.
- The participating teachers and students authorise the Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge (Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW) and the current main organiser of the competition appointed by the Department, to process their personal data necessary for their participation in the Cambridge Chemistry Race, to use them for the purpose of the competition, and to keep them for the period of 5 years from the moment of registration. They also agree for their team name, their school and the competition results to be published at the competition closing ceremony and on the website of the competition.
- Anonymised data may be used for pedagogical research purposes.
- This agreement also includes long-term storing of archive data for periods longer than the former limit. These include only the team names, schools, competition results and the number of final year students in each team. This data may be used internally to improve the competition.
- The registering teacher agrees to be contacted via the above contact e-mail address on matters related to the competition.
- The above personal data will not be forwarded to any third parties and will not be used for other purposes than those listed above.
- It is possible to retract this agreement and have your data removed at any time by contacting the organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org
The participants have the right to:
- inquire which personal information is processed,
- request to update these information, provided that they become obsolete,
- request not to process their personal data until other requests of the participant are processed,
- request to have their personal data forwarded to a third party,
- file in a complaint to relevant authorities.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact the competition organisers at email@example.com.
☑ I confirm that participating teachers and students freely consent to processing of their information as described by the above privacy notice. I also confirm that all students are over the age of 13 or a free consent of their parents has been obtained.
☑ I confirm that participating teachers and students freely consent for photographic and video materials containing their appearance during the competition to be published for the purpose of promoting the competition. I also confirm that all students are over the age of 13 or a free consent of their parents has been obtained.